2012 - 2013
In 2012 - 2013, I worked with the Queanbeyan City Council as lead artist and coordinator for a community public art project in Queanbeyan NSW. The scope of this project included working with 7 different community groups to create mosaic panels that are displayed in the refurbished precinct of Crawford St. Members of each group were instructed on the fabrication of the mosaic panel. The groups then went away and completed their mosaics with guidance from me. Most participants had no mosaic experience at all. Installation and grouting were completed with each group along side me before being installed in Crawford St.
The Community groups were selected by Council and included:
- Students at Queanbeyan High School (Youth, Sports and Education)
- Schools as Community Centres (SaCC) (Parent & Child)
- The Queanbeyan Museum (History)
- Queanbeyan Landcare and Molonglo Catchment (River Life)
- Karabar Housing Tenancy Group (Community Pride)
- Home in Queanbeyan (Community/Belonging)
- Axis Youth Centre (Youth in Action)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Playgroup (Unity)
Each panel measures ~1.5m x 0.3m.